Have you ever been to a cottage in the middle of nowhere, literally? Like it takes you 12 mins to drive from the main road to the cottage? And the nearest store is a 25 mins drive away? Well that was me this past Canada day weekend at Riviera Rouge. Read more “Last Minute Checklist for Your Cottage Weekend”
Whenever I go on vacation, it’s always a struggle figuring out what to pack, and making sure I pack everything I need while not overdoing it. The biggest issue is figuring out which beauty products I’ll need, and what I’ll actually end up using. So to make sure you all don’t go through the woes that I do, here are my essential vacation beauty products! Read more “5 Necessary Summer Vacation Beauty Essentials”
I am one of those people who has to try many different products. New beauty line coming out that claims to have a highlight that stays all day even when you’re all oily after a long day? Sign me up on the list of people that will be testing it out! That being said – I am no stranger to trying out different natural skin care and makeup lines because hey, who doesn’t want to use as little chemicals as they can. We only have one body, so we might as well take care of it 🙂 I’ve been introduced to a few different natural skin care products and lines over the past year so I thought I’d share my experiences with some of them! Read more “3 Natural Beauty Lines You Have to Try This Summer”
Every woman is different. We can be athletes, busy entrepreneurs, weekend-sunbathers, fashionistas, or a combination of all the above and more! You are a unique woman with your own unique lifestyle and you should have a swimsuit this season to match! Read more “7 Swimsuits for Summer #2k17”
If it’s not already here where you are (assuming you get the lovely season), summer is certainly on its way! Make way for trips to the beach, days out in the sun and warm weather outfits! With this new-found warmth however, comes a need to pay extra attention to your skin and make-up routine to keep your lips and face protected from the sun as well as to keep your make-up on all day! Read more “Summer Make-Up Essentials 2017”
If you’re a university student that switches to full time work every summer, this may not be the traditional ‘summer for you’ but that doesn’t mean you still can’t have a good time! For me, the summer brings evenings to do as I please as there’s no homework and warm weather that results in much time spent outside doing my favourite things! Read more “Summer Has Started – May Five Favs”
I’ve never felt more relaxed and happy this summer, and it’s still June. I’ve taken a new approach to my time off, and my life. I’ve decided to do what makes me happy. I’ve been enjoying everyday and these are my tips.
1. Do what YOU want. Seriously, just do whatever it is you want, and happiness will follow. Feeling like eating burritos every night? Go for it. Patio drinks with friends after work? Do it. Do not set limits, go out and enjoy yourself.
2. Spend your free time with people whose company you truly enjoy. No more dinners out of obligation, no half assed friendships- spend time with your people and you’ll enjoy whatever it is you’re doing even if it’s nothing.
3. RELAX. Enjoy the sunshine, read a new book, go for a walk, whatever. All I know is I’m happier in the summer and the sun is part of the reason why, but I also get to have more down time and this is huge.
4. Make plans, and stick to them. What could be better than planning day trips, shopping trips, dinners and movies- it’s always something to look forward too that’ll be sure to get you through the work week.
5. Find fun things to do for free. It’s not always easy to do it all when you or your friends have a budget. Go for hikes, lay by the pool, play cards, go to the beach, there is infinite free activities to fill your calendar up with. Take advantage of them and you’ll find you’re having a great time…for free.
6. Take a moment to appreciate what you have, and what you’re fortunate enough to experience. Take it all in, every little moment is a gift. Appreciating the time you have and the moments you share with your friends and family will make you feel euphoric. There is no greater happiness in life than looking back and smiling at everything you’ve done. Enjoy the moments before they pass, and always live in the present.
Oh and make sure you’re laughing lots too, but that’s obvious.
This week I spent a majority of my time soaking up the sun and eating good food with even better company! Read more “My Week in Snapshots – June 12th to June 18th”
It’s road-trip season ladies and gents! What does that mean? A need for a lengthy summer time playlist to fill the silence for those long card rides and late nights by the fire! I thought I’d let you in on my favorites for this summer and what makes up my Summer 2016 tunes! Check out my recommendations for a nice mix of new and older! Summertime is the time for nostalgia I think so I’ve got a bit of a mix here from my middle school days and my current jams! Read more “2016 Summer Playlist Inspiration”